What Is A Virtual Run?
It’s a race that can be done anytime, anywhere, at any pace, however you want it to be – walk, jog, run outside at the park or even inside on a treadmill! As long as it reaches the required distance, provided with evidence that you have done it.
How does it work?
- After registration and payment, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from us
- As July kicks in, you may start walking, jogging, running or cycling! Track your progress by using your favourite tracking app, taking a photo of your treadmill screen, or keeping an eye on your GPS smart watch.
- After finishing the required distance, you shall send your results to our google form.
- Upon verifying your submission, we will prepare your finisher kits and will be ready to be picked up at the end of October/November upon announcement at our office in Kuala Belait or Jerudong.
Some Safety Precautions:
- Please avoid running in crowded areas and maintain at least one-meter distance between others.
- Please do not loiter around after your run and avoid mass gatherings.
- Be aware of your surroundings when running. Do not run on dangerous areas eg. on the road
- Watch out for tripping hazards, like rocks, crevices, tree branches, and uneven surfaces.
- If you are new to running, start out at a comfortable, slow pace. You can build up speed from there. You can also alternate between running and walking to start.
- Make sure you warm-up and stretch thoroughly before you begin and cool your body down with light stretches when you return.
- Drink plenty of water while you run. If you’re going out for a longer run, look for running routes near you that have water fountains or a place where you can leave a water bottle.
- Allow at least one or two complete rest days per week to avoid over-training, which may cause injury.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Completion of the registration form confirms the Participants’ agreement to abide by the Terms & Conditions.
Registration for the Event is only confirmed upon the payment of the relevant registration fee and the issuance of a receipt.
Changes to race categories will not be entertained once registration has been submitted.
Race registrations are non-transferable.
The Participant agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about himself/herself contained in the registration form and that if he/she provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organiser may suspend or terminate his/her registration.
By registering for the run, the Participant agrees to allow the Organiser to use the contact information provided to update the Participant on matters relating to the run.
Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the Participant’s safety, the Organiser shall not be liable for any death or injury, loss or damage, suffered or otherwise, howsoever arising.
The Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the run in the event of unforeseen situation. Should the unforeseen situation persist, the Organiser reserves the right to postpone or cancel the race without refund of fees.
The Organiser reserve the right to amend any of the rules and regulations without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.